Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Big 30

Hi everyone, we are back! Ya, finally I know. Okie, we have to admit; it has been a looong time since we last posted... but life here is getting into sort of a fixed pattern you know... Anyway, I decided to skip my beauty sleep (it was 1.38am US Eastern time when I started this) to update our blog because we just kena a warning from TP, Miss WAP. Kekeke...

Erm... nothing much here, just that we are now glued to CSI. We get to watch CSI almost everyday, an average of about 3 hours. For Sundays, it is 5 hours of crime. Haha, sometimes we get quite sick watching dead bodies while having dinner.

Anyway, last Sunday was Daniel's Birthday! Hooray! He is very happy because he is now thirty and so I think he belongs to Cat Y for his IPPT. More time for 2.4km...

We had our buffet lunch at small Korean eating place in town. If you know Daniel, he is crazy over Kim Chi so Korean food was an obvious option for us. We had it at a nice place along Massachusetts Avenue...







Then we watched 10 000 BC at Regal Cinema, just 5 minutes walk from our apartment. Oh you probably have heard of Jackie Chan's and Jet Li's new movie - The Forbidden Kingdom? We will definitely catch this one because we really miss all the Chinese songs and shows. We have missed Stephen Chow's CJ 7 so we shall not miss this one!

So after the movie, Daniel decided to have dinner at home. Well since it was his birthday, we decided we should cook something special and since Boston is famous for its lobster, we shall gave it a try. We bought one live lobster from the supermarket for USD10, got them to steam it for us and we prepared the rest.









And how could I not prepare a cake for birthday boy? So I got him a chocolate raspberry cake. Initially I wanted to fill the cake with 30 candles but he refused to eat the cake so I gave in lor. He said I was wicked. Kekeke... common, I am not too far from the big 30 lor. Anyway, it was a simple celebration, just the 2 of us but we really enjoyed it. Simple is nice, isn't it? Cheers!

7 comments:

jUnhUi said...

Hi bro,

I see that your head is getting "bushy"... it's time to trim your hair. But don't shave, in case the people there think that you are protesting over the presidential election... HAHA!!

jUnhUi said...

ok ok... I forgot something... Uh hm... hear goes...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DANIEL.........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

:)

daniel&doris said...

Hi Junhui, thank you for the blessings and the song! I hear you are leading worship for three services during Easter... way to go! Will be keeping you and your spirit in prayers. Stay sharp and cheerful, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!

Boon Yeow said...

Happy Birthday Daniel!mAY THE Lord bless you with a baby soon! Wahahah...
I just got back to work after my nose job( nose operation lah). You can read my blog for the updates!

The blue gap sweater on Doris lookS very good on her!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! This is a response to Boon Yeow's "baby wish"...
Hehehe!
Have a wonderful year ahead!

daniel&doris said...

Hi Boon Yeow and WAP..

That blue sweater is just USD12... thanks to Gap Kids!!! Their XXL is just nice for my wife lor... about the baby, maybe next year. :P

Thanks for all the wishes!

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh! Envy Doris man! I look like a giant beside Doris. Doris, you always make me look huge... er... maybe I am a little towards the huge side these days. Hahaha!