Sunday, June 8, 2008

Cheena all the way!

We were on our way to church this morning when we met a group of girls at the pedestrian crossing. It took us only two sentences to recognise these girls:

A: "Eh, later we go by this way, okie?"
B: "Huh? By the backdoor ah? Don't want lah!"

Singaporeans! What a nice way to start a day! Absolutely heart-warming to hear the distinctive Singlish in the midst of all the American accent! 

I was then reminded of my craving for mee pok. Since we couldn't find Singaporean food here, we decided to try authentic Penang food. Yummy....


The Singapore heat has reached Boston... after being pampered by the cool weather here, we cannot stand the heat... 外面是热到... tomorrow it will be 35 deg, argh!


This is the famous Penang eatery in Chinatown






Oh... my coke.. 
Famous quote of Eric Chan: COKEChoice Of Kelly and Eric. 


Curry Yong Tau Foo. Sedap!




My Asam Laksa




It has been a long time since I last ate fishballs. 鱼圆,鱼圆,我爱你!


Headed to a Chinese supermarket after lunch. They sell MILO! Made me crave for MILO Peng




Dan went gaga over the wide variety of sauces and pastes. 


Me and my fishballs. How can I go home without a packet or two? 


Lani rekindled my love for 旺旺雪饼. 


Oh we were really surprised to see this poster. Remember her?

We bought some stuff. Actually we just bought a bag of Thailand Elephant brand Jasmine Rice (10 kg) yesterday from Shaw. It cost us US$30 and that's S$40! Ouch! Anyway, rice will be put aside for now because we have found our mee pok. We attempted to make char kway teow that day with the paste from Rachel and Lionel but it was quite bad because the quality of the kway teow wasn't too good. Well, Dan is kind of determined to make the mee pok da for me so I shall wait and see. Mee pok, mee pok, I love you!

No comments: