Monday, June 2, 2008

Be My Guest!

There was a special guest at our house a few days ago. Well, this special guest didn't quite like attention so he/she was all by him/herself the whole day. It was only until after dinner when I was preparing to wash dishes that we bumped onto each other. I got a shock out of my life as he/she went scrambling into the kitchen. He/she was so fast that I only caught sight of his/her tail... and yes, this special guest was none other than a rat.

I probably screamed out so loudly that it freaked the rat out. I mean, I didn't mean it... who would expect to a see a small rat scrambling around their house? I stood out of the kitchen, making sure the rat didn't make its escape to the living room. We searched the whole kitchen but it was nowhere to be found. Where could it be? My kitchen is, come on, small like anything lor. Then we discovered that there is a hole at the side bottom of the cabinet. It probably visited our house through that hole.

We had no choice but to seal the hole. But since we could find anything suitable at that moment, we filled a small bottle with water and placed it at the entrance of the hole. Then, we "koped" an unwanted brick on the path just outside our church yesterday and used it to stop any special visitation. Though we wish that the rat can be like the one in
Ratatouville (pronounced rat. a. too. ee), the movie and whip up nice meals, we know this will NEVER happen., so we got to make sure NO MORE RATS in our house. 


2 comments:

cloudmuse said...

rYikes! I won't want a rat in my kitchen either! Or any part of the house or even garden! *shudder* I hope you manage to keep it out. Or maybe Daniel can get some supplies from his colleagues - this is hazardous stuff! Moving some more!

daniel&doris said...

Hi cloudmuse, thankfully the rattatoui problem is over cuz Dan got a brick from outside and blocked what we think is the opening that the rat is using. We've not had any additional sightings since, and we're not too eager to take additional drastic steps just in case we kill the poor thing and it dies in the inner recesses... imagine the stench!! And it's not summer too... so I guess for now it's live and let live hahaha!