Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SIANZ

The weather is slowly getting colder and we are seeing more and more creepy crawlies in our apartment. 

Last week, Daniel noticed a small rat (it's not an insect, but it's definitely creepy, and a crawly thingie lor...) scrambling from the kitchen to our bedroom, again. We couldn't find it. Nothing can be done. Fine.

A few days later, we crushed a wood louse crawling on the living room wall. 

And yesterday morning was the ultimate!!! There was this huge house centipede at the corner of the wall in our bedroom. SIANZ! 

Ok, at this juncture, I was stupid enough to want to google a photo of a house centipede to show you. I clicked on one and a super big photo of a magnified house centipede "greeted" my eyes and I tell you, my heart stopped beating for a full 5 seconds. I was like, "PIANGZ! What am I doing?!?" 

I must be very stupid to want to upload a pic of that ugly thing in my blog. I must have been crazy.

Ok, back to the topic. 

Dan tried to use the US version of Magic Clean to kill it. Tell you a secret. I am afraid of it but Dan is equally afraid of it. Kekeke... still, he had to put up a brave front to protect his wife. Anyway, we must get rid of it cos it bites.

But the thing is, house centipedes have eyes. They can see us. So that creepy crawly dropped onto the floor and hid behind a box. Our hairs were on ends as we heard the insect's legs scampering against the surface of the box. 

We were desperate and sprayed some cleaning solution on it. But it was real fast and crawled into my closet lor. PENGZ!!!!!

There are so many things in there. Haiz. So Daniel got to S-L-O-W-L-Y remove my bags from closet. The thing is, my bags are all kept in dust bags so we got to inspect whether it had crawled into them. It was surely a painful process.

Finally, we spotted the house centipede and fortunately we had sprayed cleaning solution on it earlier. It was probably still a bit "mah bok" so it was easy for us to get it out of the closet. 

End of episode. Aiyoh, just the thought of the full grown centipede makes my hair stand. And trust me, don't bother to google it. But in case you are super curious, just type 'house centipede' and you'll see all sorts of images of it.

But don't say I didn't warn you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

V-E-R-Y disgusting indeed!
Reminded me of my hubby's war with the lizards when we first moved into our new place!

daniel&doris said...

Haha, I suppose it's individual preferences then... I love lizards... :) ~ Daniel