Monday, January 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Post Dated, Mon 21 Jan 2008

Finally, I got my chance to contribute to our blog... Dan had been hogging our macbook.

As my first entry, I though it would be appropriate to post a photo of our living room and introduce our new apartment. It is still quite bare but trust me, we will soon make this house into a home. =) Check out the Samsonite folding chair! Shi mei de lor. I carried two chairs home from Bed, Bath and Beyond (similar to a mini Ikea in Singapore). They are HEAVY and passers-by couldn't help but laugh because the chairs are almost as big as me. But who cares? I love these chairs and I was really determined to bring them back home and surprise Dan. He was quite touched.... oohhh....


Oh, did you catch that in the photo? Yes it is the Football Manager Game. So now you know why he's always with our macbook. Ahem. Well, other than playing Football Manager, he did his part. He carried home the table, the bookshelf, the lamp, the rug, a TV console, a printer and this 19 inch LCD HDTV!


Almost everything in our house was form BBB and Best Buy. We should get special members' discount from them! Anyway, my poor ah lao had to lug these items back because these stores are just a stone's throw away; too near to take a cab. Don't worry, Dan felt great after carrying all the items back.

He had been eating quite a lot due to the cold weather and he wants to get some work-outs and lose some fat... erm... well... he needs to. =P

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your home office very nice.

Boon Yeow said...

Wow, way to go Dan!! That's the spirit! My wife says the game is too expensive... will try to convince her again!
Glad that you guys have found a place to call "home"!

cloudmuse said...

Hi, Doris. Welcome online (or on blog)! It is quite fun furnishing the house, even if it's for only a year overseas. Wait till you see the discount coupons for cereals and all. I used to enjoy buying stuff from the grocery so much that once I bought more than I could handle, and I had to stop every block to rest my arms. Think the passers-by thought I was strange! :)

daniel&doris said...

Yo Boon Yeow, I tot u have lots of game at home... and faith even got u a PSP! Better "pei" her during her exam period. Faith, jia you!

daniel&doris said...

Hi cloudmuse, I know what u mean; those wired stares. But who cares? As long as we are happy. Man Zai Er Gui. Kekeke.

daniel&doris said...

Hi pa, nice home office with good view right? It will be prettier in spring and summer when we get to see the leaves and flowers in Fenway Park. Come over in August and take a look okie?