Friday, February 15, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Facebook is an unbelievable tool.  Really.
I was buzzed by a long-time friend just a couple of hours ago whom I've not met since our Polytechnic days in the mid 1990s. But because of the FB phenomena, we've linked up again; and with several class of 98 graduates as well!

As I was skimming through my friend's FB photo album, I found this photo taken during those soccer-crazy days of our lives... now I recall why we had treated this photo in sepia... simply to add to the nostalgic touch when we review it some point later. Come to think of it, the move was almost... clairvoyant!

Listed in the photo are Adrian, me, Kevin, Sugumaran (Back Row, L-R) and E-Gene, Eugene, Kim Han, Jerry and Meng Lee (Front Row, L-R). 2 short of a full team, but we had great fun in those days playing court soccer just behind the polytechnic.

My, was I skinny in those days.  Nowadays, I usually don't bare my top to protect the modesty of the cameras... but this has been a nice trip down memory lane.

All thanks to Facebook.



2 comments:

BaSh said...

Hi Dan,
Sugumaran happens to be my BMT Section Commander. Didnt know he is your kaki.. if not life will be better. Hahhaha
Stanley

daniel&doris said...

Singapore is really small... I didn't know Susu was your SC... was he a terror? He was such a mild fellow in the course, a pleasure to be with. Well, I suppose it was the role he has to play. Hope you are well. So have you secured your hotel yet? Tough choice to make right? But enjoy it... it's quite an adventure :)