Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Meet Mr Chan!

Our church friend, Mr Chan Earng Han, has officially reached Boston City from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I travelled to the airport to fetch him and it was supposed to be rather convenient to do that Boston. However, Mr Chan has apparently brought with him some form of disaster. Allow me to explain...

Firstly, the train I wanted to catch, caught fire. That was yesterday on my way to the airport.

Secondly, the weather was supposed to be very sunny today. But within an hour, it turned into a thunderstorm.

Thirdly, we almost kena drenched by dirty rain water from a speeding car.

Fourthly, the train we took from Lechmere broke down three times.

Lastly, I nearly got killed by a fallen tree at Boston Common!

So Mr Chan declared that he has brought forth the series of unfortunate events and we would be free of calamity once he is off to New York City. 


This was the breakfast prepared by Daniel for Earng Han. 

After the frightening thunderstorm at Boston Common, we headed to Lechmere for some shopping. Then we found out that we could go for free visit at the Museum of Art near my house. So being kiasu, we rushed down to beat the peak hour crowd. 

Some photos taken at the museum. Earng Han refused to let me post his photos online. So those who want to see his face, sorry ah...


This is a super duper small Christian devotion book in Syrian. 


Christ the Good Shepherd. Carved from ivory wor...






I love this cast glass bench!


















Jesus and the 12 disciples. 


















我要飞得最高、最远。。。我的梦无限空间。


This is made from styrofoam.








Arty farty tree.




3 comments:

jUnhUi said...

aiyah... Mr Chan... why like that, was thinking about asking Daniel and Doris to show us your photo, but was SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed when I come to the line saying that you refused to let them show your photo online... why like that? :(

Anyway, phew, Dan and Dor, glad that you are in good hands even though such natural calamities happened around you. Hope you guys will have a good time of fellowshipping together!!!

Shalom!

daniel&doris said...

Haha... ask him lor. I will show him what you have written and get him to answer you once he is back from New York on the 9 July.

Oh and what ever I have written on the blog was exaggerated slightly... but I must say the Lord really protected me cos I almost took the path of the falling tree. =)

jUnhUi said...

since he only mentioned not to post his photos online, you just took a photo of him and secretly email me then... heehee... ;p